We are pleased to announce the first dates of the Autumn Book Tour to kick off the release of Oklahoma true crime novel Now I Lay Me Down. Also, please enjoy an article from the Cherokee Phoenix by Will Chavez and the first few RAVE reviews rolling in from readers all over the country! Want your own signed copy now? Order at http://ReadBooksBy.Faith and the book will ship direct to you within 24 hours.
BOOK TOUR DATES
- AUGUST 23 – The book tour kicks off in Tahlequah, Oklahoma on Thursday, August 23rd with a book signing at Jacob Studios from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- AUGUST 31 thru SEPTEMBER 2nd – The author will be signing books in a booth at the Cherokee National Holiday at the Cherokee Heritage Center, August 31st – Sep 2nd, with a special Cherokee authors book signing event, including Brad Wagnon, in the CHC atrium on Saturday, September 1 from 10a.m. to 4 p.m.
- SEPTEMBER 7 – Interview on KUSH radio, alongside Judge Maxey Parker Reilly, 9 a.m. www.1600kush.com/
- SEPTEMBER 7 – THE OFFICIAL BOOK RELEASE EVENT in Okemah, Oklahoma, featuring a discussion with author Faith Phillips, former Assistant District Attorney Maxey Parker Reilly and a special musical performance by Wink Burcham. The Hen House, Okemah, OK from 6 to 8 p.m.
- SEPTEMBER 27 – Stilwell Book Club meeting, open to the public, Stilwell Public Library at 2 p.m.
- Stay tuned for many more dates in the coming months, including Tulsa, OKC, Dallas and Fayetteville!
- Want to schedule a book tour stop in your town or at your own book club? The author will come to you with books! Contact email@example.com for more information. Dates are filling up now!
A behind the scenes look at how the riveting story came about, check out this story by reporter Will Chavez in the Cherokee Phoenix:
Here are a few of the earliest reviews coming in from generous readers like you. Don’t take my word for it!
“I could not put this book down…the best read of something you should never have to read but makes you feel glad you did.” BJ L.
“I got my copy yesterday and finished it last night! It was such a page turner. Faith is such an excellent writer. I smiled, I gasped, I was so wrapped up in it! I highly recommend it!!” ~Morgan H.
“Read Now I Lay Me Down in one day. Couldn’t put it down. I don’t read much because we stay so busy, but I think you got me started again.” ~Molly A.
“It’s hard to be so excited about such a truly terrible story, but Faith has used her words in the most respectful and informative manner, with descriptions that are as chilling as the crime itself. It’s a page turner of the most tragic topic.” ~Lara B.
“I ripped into the envelope, and behold! There was a magnificent block of carefully designed and cut paper with fabulous words all over the paper. On the inside was writing of the most transformational kind, written in the hand of a goddess.” ~Linda P.
“I just finished this book and I just got it yesterday…you don’t know me from Adam but I thought you did an amazing job.” ~ Dana B.
“Duvall is reading the new Phillips crime expose’ as I paint lazy circles in the sky at the little art gallery that could. We read the first 40 pages and were just slayed.” ~Murv J.
“So far I’ve said Awe, I’ve had chills, and shed a few tears. Wow!” ~Julie S.
“Got mine today. Read to page 50 and forced myself to stop … if not I will be up all night finishing it!” ~Cherri B.
“I loved it. Excellent work and a story that can ONLY be about Central Oklahoma, only as told by an Okie…” ~Joe B.
“Order your copy today! I read it cover to cover in one sitting … I couldn’t put it down! Now I Lay Me Down is a true crime novel about the tragic murders of three young girls from my rural community in Oklahoma. The book chronicles the girls’ deaths, the intense investigation that ensued and which spanned a period of almost six years and the eventual prosecution…” ~Marlene L.
Many thanks for the good words and generous support from so many readers. The response is overwhelming. I am most grateful for your generosity. For those of you who haven’t read the book yet, I invite you to find out what all the fuss is about. I hope the next review comes from you.